Sardar Baghel Singh
In 1783 Sardar Baghel Singh and the Sikh army conquered Delhi. The Nishan Sahib flew high over the Red Fort. Sardar Bagehl Singh had one desire, that the places associated with Guru Tegh BahadurSahib’s be commemorated.
He had an announcement made by the beat of a drum that if anyone knew where the exact place of Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib’s martyrdom was, they should come to him. The old grand daughter of a water carrier came forward. She told Sardar Baghel Singh that when Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib was beheaded, her grandfather was called to wash the place. She said that she was a little girl but she had seen the martyrdom of the Sikhs and Guru Sahib. They took her to Chandani Chownk and though she was almost blind and walked very slowly, she walked to the spot where Guru Sahib was martyred and said that Guru Sahib’s blood had spilled at this place. Sardar Baghel Singh thanked her profusely and gave her family countless gifts. This is the place that Gurdwara Sis Ganjwas established and even today can be seen.
In total, with help of old Hindu, Muslim and Sikh residents of Delhi, Sardar Baghel Singh found and established Gurdwarasat seven historical places:
1. Gurdwara Mata SundriJi at the place which was know as the Haveli Sardar Jawahar Singh.
2. Gurdwara Bangla Sahib. A Mansion belonging to Raja Jai Singh existed there once. Guru HarkrishanDev, the Eighth Guru had stayed there.
3. Gurdwara Bala Sahib. Last rights of Guru Harkrishan, Mata Sundri and Mata Sahib Kaurwere performed at this place.
4. Gurdwara Rakab Ganj. The torso of Guru Tegh Bahadur was cremated here.
5. Gurdwara Sees Ganj. Guru Tegh Bahadur was martyred at this place.
6. Gurdwara Moti Bagh. Guru Gobind Singhsent a message to the Mughal King, Bahadur Shah, by shooting an arrow from this place.
7. Gurdwara Majnu Tilla. It was established in the memory of a Sikh of Guru Nanak, named Majnu. Guru Hargobindstayed at this place on his way to Gwalior.
Bhullan chukka di khima.
Vaheguru ji ka khalsa,
Vaheguru ji ki fateh !!
- Who is guru grant sahib’s father (wiki.answers.com)
- Bhai Baghel Singh (SikhiWiki)
… via ɱ
…from mS muLog
Pingback: Plagiarising Sikh Youth | Fake Asininity
Pingback: Plagiarising Sikh Youth « Chords Of Life