and now that I have, just can get over how amazing it actually is!!
Did I tell you that it’s TOTALLY AMAZING!
I used a plugin to connect YOURLS with your WordPress.org blog
Now, upon publishing a post on my WP.org blog, all I need to do is scroll down a little, confirm the tweet content, and hit the tweet button.
It also gives me a short URL for each post, just like WordPress.com gives via wp.me, and in the same way on a toolbar-isque location!
So now whenever I publish a post,
- Each post gets a new short URL automagically,
- I can even reset the short URL.
- Each post can be tweeted right from the Edit Post page,
- and the tweet shows my own twitter app (the app is a part of connect twitter with YOURLS plugin 🙂 , but stilll!)
- Whenever I need to share the short URL for a post, I just go to the post, and click on shortlink to get the shortened URL 😉
P. S. I am still looking out for a way to get the shortlink as the permalink to the post, and directly display it along with the post! Let me know if you know a good way to do it – a plug-in would do too 🙂
- Got a lot done (manveetsingh.wordpress.com)
- Creating a Customized URL Shortener with YOURLS (speedofcreativity.org)
- Yourls (ideasandthoughts.org)
- How To Create Your Own URL Shortening Service (informationweek.com)
- WordPress URL Shortening: An Interesting Consequence (wpgaurav.wordpress.com)