WordPress.com recently announced that they have left behind AdSense, and have recently partnered with Federated Media to run ads on WordPress.com blogs which would be eligible for them though they have not defined the criteria that they will use to decided which blogs the ads will run on. Though a prerequisite has been defined as a Custom Domain via the Domain Mapping Upgrade.
I have been tinkering with the idea of getting a custom domain with the upgrade for sometime now but I am not sure of which domain to finalize, as I already have ManveetSingh.com up and running, which would turn out to be quite costly than if I buy the domain from WordPress.com Still thinking and planning though 😉
So just fill out this form, keep your fingers crossed and get started.
- WordPress.com Announces WordAds for Making Money with Your Blog (blogworld.com)
- WordPress.com Now Lets (Some) Bloggers Monetize Their Sites with Ads (siliconfilter.com)
- Federated Media Lands WordPress.com Deal (sascho.wordpress.com)
- Federated Media Lands WordPress.com Deal (slashdot.org)
- Why I moved back from self-hosted to WordPress.com (billbennett.co.nz)